Because no two children are the same, we ask for a lot of information about your child. We are here to support your family as you find the right solution for your child. So, if you have questions or concerns about any of the information requested below, please contact our admissions office for assistance.
Application Process (Please be advised that due to a large number of new applicants for the 2022-2023 school year, newly accepted students for our Dartmouth Campus will be placed on a waitlist)
- Forward your Bridgeway application, (*see note below) along with copies of
- a psycho-educational assessment (administered within the last two years),
- speech- language assessment, occupational therapy assessment and/or any additional professional reports (if applicable)
- report card, including resource reports from your child’s last school. If you do not have copies of these reports, please sign the Release of Information form(s), included in the application package.
- In certain situations, if sufficient background information is not available to determine the nature and extent of your child’s learning disability, the Admissions and Review Committee may recommend that additional assessments or supportive documentation be obtained.
- If on the basis of recent assessments, the Admission and Review Committee does not feel that your child meets the admission criteria, you will be informed by phone and then letter at this point of the application process.
- If your child meets the admission criteria, the Admissions and Review Committee must decide if a suitable program can be provided by Bridgeway to meet your child’s needs. For example, it is possible that a child might meet the admission criteria, but may not be offered placement at Bridgeway because of existing class sizes or compositions.
- If a suitable program can be put in place for your child, you will be notified by phone and letter. If, due to factors mentioned previously, no placement can be offered, you will also be contacted by phone and letter and advised of other alternatives or the likelihood of Bridgeway being able to offer a suitable program in the foreseeable future. If placement is not offered, you may of course re-apply without prejudice in future years.
- There is a $50.00 non-refundable processing fee required.
* Tuition for the 2022-2023 school year has been set at $17,475.00. The amount for tuition support funding amount TBA.
When a child has a learning disability and fails to progress at school, the whole family feels the effect. Bridgeway's specialized approach can help to banish what many parents call that 'educational dark cloud.' But the cost involved often means another challenge for the family to face
Tuition Support Program
The Provincial Tuition Support Program can pay up to $8400 of the tuition amount to those who meet eligibility requirements.